Law Student Group Affiliate Program
The National LGBT Bar Association’s Law School Affiliate program provides LGBTQ law student groups within law schools around the county with a number of benefits for the groups themselves and their student members:
* Access to the LGBT Bar’s “Action Item Toolkit”, which provides a template for campus, local, and national student group action throughout the course of each school year;
* Networking with other affiliate student groups across the country – enabling the formation of professional relationships that will be valuable throughout your group members’ legal careers;
* Updates on the National LGBT Bar’s programmatic work;
* Access to educational opportunities specifically developed for LGBT law students and attorneys, such as regular educational call-ins and webinars on cutting-edge legal issues facing our community and the profession at large;
* Law School Affiliate members who are also members of the National LGBT Bar also may access – at no charge – over 60 workshops and plenary panels at the Annual Lavender Law® Conference & Career Fair;
* Access to unparalleled networking opportunities. The National LGBT Bar brings together attorneys from all walks of life who are willing and ready to share advice and referrals – a diverse community of legal professionals from attorneys to judges with practice areas covering just about every specialty imaginable. The National LGBT Bar has a growing network of practice-area specific programs, including the Family Law Institute, in which hundreds of family law attorneys communicate, educate, advise, and network with each other throughout the year. In addition, the National LGBT Bar maintains a separate lawyer Affiliate program, with over 40 participating state and local LGBT Bar Associations. The National LGBT Bar works to facilitate law student connections with those groups for mentorship and engagement opportunities.
Click HERE to complete an application on behalf of your LGBT law school student group today, to begin accessing member benefits for your group!
The National LGBT Bar’s Law Student Congress is the only national LGBT law student organization in the nation. It is involved in organizing the National LGBT Bar Association’s Annual Conference & Career Fair (Lavender Law®) and administering the annual Michael Greenberg Writing Competition and Student Leadership Award. The Law Student Congress promotes regional and national interaction between LGBT law students and lawyers and helps LGBT students build contacts within the profession. It also engages in activism of concern to law students.
Co-Chairs: Tyler Wolfe and Toni Moran
Secretary: Chandler Walpol