The National LGBT Bar Association’s Law School Affiliate program provides LGBTQ+ law student groups within law schools around the country with a number of benefits for the groups themselves and their student members:
- Access to the LGBT Bar’s “Law Student Resource Guide,” which provides a template for campus, local, and national student group action throughout the course of each school year as well as evergreen resources to assist your affiliate group’s internal and external advocacy work;
- Networking through the LGBT Bar’s Law Student Congress with other affiliate student groups across the country – enabling the formation of professional relationships that will be valuable throughout your group members’ legal careers;
- Updates on the National LGBT Bar’s programmatic work;
- Access to educational opportunities specifically developed for LGBTQ+ law students and attorneys, such as regular educational call-ins and webinars on cutting-edge legal issues facing our community and the profession at large;
- Law School Affiliate members who are also members of the National LGBT Bar also may access – at no charge – over 60 workshops and plenary panels at the Annual Lavender Law® Conference & Career Fair;
- Access to unparalleled networking opportunities. The National LGBT Bar brings together attorneys from all walks of life who are willing and ready to share advice and referrals – a diverse community of legal professionals from attorneys to judges with practice areas covering just about every specialty imaginable. The National LGBT Bar has a growing network of practice-area specific programs, including the Family Law Institute, in which hundreds of family law attorneys communicate, educate, advise, and network with each other throughout the year. In addition, the National LGBT Bar maintains a separate lawyer Affiliate program, with over 40 participating state and local LGBTQ+ Bar Associations. The National LGBT Bar works to facilitate law student connections with those groups for mentorship and engagement opportunities.
Additionally, our Law Student Congress Board and Chief Program Officer Judi O’Kelley are happy to chat with affiliate members who have questions or concerns regarding affiliate groups, conditions on law school campuses, law student life, and related matters. Please email the Board at email@example.com or Judi O’Kelley at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a call.