Florida A&M University is committed to attracting, developing and retaining excellent and diverse talent in a compliant and inclusive environment. The University’s commitment is grounded in an unwavering adherence to its non-discrimination policy.
It is the policy of Florida A&M University that each member of the University community is permitted to work or attend class in an environment free from any form of discrimination including race, religion, color, age, disability, sex, sexual harassment, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, and veteran status as prohibited by State and Federal Statues. This commitment applies to all areas affecting students, employees, applicants for admission and applicants for employment.
Answer left blank
Answer left blank
The question has to be answered by the individual insurance carrier because plans may differ. Dependent Eligibility Verification http://www.mybenefits.myflorida.com/health/dependent_eligibility_verification
The Office of Counseling Services (OCS) at the main campus and the law school are staffed with a group of licensed, professionally-trained counselors who are ready to assist all students with a variety of academic and personal concerns in an ethical and competent manner based on best practices.
Stonewall LGBTQ Law Association
• Panel discussion on the vacant Supreme Court seat and its effects on LGBTQ+, women, and other’s voting rights. – 2020
• Open Topic Discussion and Networking Social on current topics plaguing the legal field and the LGBTQ+ community. – 2020
• Panel discussion regarding the state legislatures recent bill proposals that could allow foster care and adoption agencies receiving government funding to discriminate against same sex couples. – 2020
• Professional Mixer for Stonewall members, faculty members, and other members of the legal community that identify as LGBTQ+ to build relationships and give advice to new members of the community. – 2019
• Pride Week Movie Night. Presented a legally inspired movie related to LGBTQ+ issues and then engaged in a productive discussion after the movie ended. – 2019
• Come Out with Pride Week Social – Networking event for College of Law students to network within the LGBTQ+ organizations within the Orlando Community. – 2019
• Pride Parade Booth and Walk – opportunity to join other LGBTQ+ community members in supporting the Come Out with Pride initiative. The College of Law and University were official sponsors of this parade. – 2018 and 2019
Yes, optional for all students
• Annual FAMU Management Seminar
• Diversity Training: Celebrating Diversity in the Workplace
• Fundamental Training: Sexual Harassment Prevention and Title IX
• Non-Harassment Issues and Consensual Relationships
• Conducting Professionalism in the Workplace
• Workplace Harassment: What Is it and What to do About It
• Kognito at-Risk for Faculty & Staff
• Mandatory Sexual Harassment Prevent Seminar
• Non-Discrimination, Consensual Relationships and Title IX
Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University holds diversity as one of the essential values to the achievement of the University’s mission. The University is committed to ensuring that the entire campus community operates within a system of equity for all its constituents.
“Florida A&M University is committed to providing an educational and work environment free from discrimination and harassment on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military veteran status, as provided by law. This commitment applies to all educational and work environments affecting students, faculty,” and employees.*
* Regulations of Florida A&M University. 10.103 Non-Discrimination Policy